Tuesday, December 4, 2012

It's Beginning to Look a Lot Like Christmas

"Christmas waves a magic wand over this world, 
and behold,everything is softer and more beautiful."
- Norman Vincent Peale
(Please scroll to the bottom and hit play to hear music to accompany this read. It's a new song I discovered on Soundcloud and I can't get enough....Like Snow by Olivia Broadfield.)
1.  Emerson walked right up to this wrapped tree and said, "this one". She was right. Best tree we've ever purchased.
2.  Supporting our teams even when they're not playing.
3.  A pan, water mixed with a few drops of dish soap and a straw = an hour of free babysitting.
4.  Hunter made a holiday bird feeder at school and we picked the perfect branch for its home--one inaccessible to squirrels.
1. Hip Swinging Santa is the must-have holiday decor item.
2. Hunter admiring our window box handiwork.
3. I was having the Mother of all rough Mom days when this arrived in a small box on my doorstep (thanks Dad!!!)
4.  Hunter enjoys being a helper these days and wanted to assist in decorating our window boxes. He said he would carry the heavy branches and I got tickled watching him carry them over his shoulder.  
1 (3&4). Painting our leftover pumpkins.
2.  I called it healthy, they called it ice cream for dinner and they loved it. Blend one single-serve tub of Greek yogurt (great protein), frozen strawberries, half of an avocado, and some milk. It was decadent and delicious!
1.  Little hanging his first strand of Christmas lights.
2.  The new specs.
3.  I came into the living room to see the kids throwing foam letters all over the tree. When I told them they needed to stop they both got very upset and said, "But Mommy, we're putting ornaments on the tree!" I let them finish.
4.  Can't you just see it in her eyes? She loves that guy. (Thank you BaBa and Pop Pop. Aunt Les and I agree--best. gift. ever.)
5.  Remembering to stop amid all the chaos of the holidays to enjoy the littles in life that make it special.

"One of the most glorious messes in the world is the mess created in the living room on Christmas day. Don't clean it up 
too quickly."- Andy Rooney


1 comment:

  1. Magical! It's my favorite time of the year as well....

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments like I love eating chocolate donuts....