Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Love Potion #9

This week we've been up to some fun activities as the cold weather has kept us indoors a little more. 


One of our favorites was exploring the combination of vinegar, baking soda and neon food coloring. 
After putting some baking soda in our cup, we squired a few drops of our favorite color over it.
 We then slowly added vinegar and watched a small eruption take place much to our delight. 
Hunter came up with the idea of adding coins to see what would happen. We found out they emerged looking like brand new.
More than anything I enjoyed watching the anticipation and thrill on my littles' faces.
 And getting a laugh off of my daughter's need to always taste everything. 
After nap time we made our own snow globes using old jelly jars, water, foam stickers, sparkly stones and glittery pom poms. 
 We added glitter of course.
Beautiful and quite peaceful to watch, the individual pieces quietly float to the bottom after a quick shake. 
I was so entranced with watching the contents of the globe with Hunter that I didn't realize Sissy got a hold of the glitter container and proceeded to shake it all over the couch and herself.
 Days later and I'm still cleaning up glitter...
 ...but it sure did look pretty.
 If only my dust pan and broom looked this good every time I swept, I'd do it more often. I felt as if I was sweeping up the remnants of a gold mining trip gone great.
Lately Sissy hasn't been sleeping well which means we've had some early mornings to bond. 
(One day I will clean those windows.)
After reading books we enjoyed a delicious breakfast and then spent some time playing together. 
 Today we played with our new Valentine Sensory Box. 
 I know she's my daughter. You know how? The concentration-tongue. 
Until the rest of those teeth come in, I'm sure we'll have many more of these mornings. As hard as it is to drag myself out of bed after waking one or two times during the night, I know I'll one day look back on these special moments alone with my daughter and give anything to repeat them. 
Wishing you a great start to your week filled with brightly colored, glittery days that float and restful quiet nights. 

"Clouds come floating into my life, no longer to carry rain or usher storm, but to add color to my sunset sky." - Rabindranath Tagore


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments like I love eating chocolate donuts....